Leadership

• January
    • Hours worked: 3 hours
    • Evidence: I walked to Jefferson MS every day after school for an hour of code week. The middle school kids were working in Scratch, which is a great start, as the blocks are very close to JavaScript code, which is not what we are coding in, but a start nevertheless. I was working on improving my C# knowledge, as I see myself using the language in the future. I also started with C++, the industry-standard language.
  • February
    • Hours worked:
    • Evidence:
  • March
    • Hours worked:
    • Evidence:
  • April
    • Hours worked:
    • Evidence:
  • May
    • Hours worked:
    • Evidence:
  • Resources

2020

• January
    • Hours worked:
    • Evidence:
  • February
    • Hours worked:
    • Evidence:
  • March
    • Hours worked:
    • Evidence:
  • April
    • Hours worked:
    • Evidence:
  • May
    • Hours worked:
    • Evidence:
  • June
    • Hours worked:
    • Evidence: I attended the AIE open house where an in-depth explanation was given on each course, or “track” as they call them. There was a graduate who talked about her workflow at FUNKO and how the skills she was taught at AIE translated well into her job although she is working in a very different industry than she went to school for. Questions were answered regarding the graduation rate, which is 80% at the Seattle campus as of this writing, financial aid, placement, housing, ext. The only question left unanswered was the acceptance rate, which my research says is about 88%, at least at the Seattle campus. The only con with the school I can think of is that you can only apply in the fall, for instance, if this August didn’t seem like a realistic time to apply for you, your only option would be to wait until August 2021 to apply again rather than Winter, Spring, or Summer of the 2020-21 academic year.
  • Resources